Default Global warming and winter FYI

Just some food for thought... Because everybody worries about it getting warmer and Winter being held off longer.... thats not really the case... Due to the universe expanding the Earth gets .600 of an inch away from the Sun every year.... We are currently in a cycle where the Earth is adjusting From being knocked out of its normal seasonal fluctuations and temperatures.... its the reason they are doing the Missions to Mars because in the past Mars was in the habitable zone where Earth currently is residing....Mars was once as earth is today.... And as time goes on the Earth will become colder and colder and we will move into the position where Mars is and the next planet will move into the habitable zone.... so on the whole At some point soon Winters will return and snow and cold will become more as soon as the Earth readjust back to normal from being knocked out

And none of this will happen in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    And none of this will happen in my lifetime.
    I would have to agree if it true, but....did you ever think you would see such a shift of weather patterns like we have had in "our" lifetime? seems to happen too rapidly IMO

I’m thinking it may be time for tracker to crawl back under that rock

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

Mn is 3 degrees warmer than it was in 1970. Average first frost dates are 15 days later. If the rate of change really is exponential we might only have to live another 15 years to see no lakes freezing safe south of hwy 2. Mn is changing quicker than any other state in the lower 48. Look it up.

Wrong again. Earth will be warmer than a pigs A$$ in coming years.
    Get ready for some we’ll placed meteor strikes and much more. Cheers!

I think you are a bigger conspiracy nut than tracker.

Mine is science....as the water rises it will absorb the warm making it colder soon

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    You arenít going to recognize this country in 6 months. No conspiracy just logic.

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    Good luck with your vaccination. Mutations, mutations and more mutations. Lol
    https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/...***-statement/

Page not found. I will not get the shot. Nope nope nope..... So don't go picking on me..... Give me something to go on here though if we "aren't going to recognize this country in 6 months..."......

Did I really just read that the earth gets .600 of an inch away from the sun every year?

Hallock MN. 20 miles south of Canada - 10 miles east of ND.

We don't have to wait six months. Only a month. Then we will have gridlock for at least two years. Not much of anything is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by blkhwkbob View Post
    Did I really just read that the earth gets .600 of an inch away from the sun every year?
    Yeah, I can think of other things that change .600 per year and I tell you what, my wife’s not too happy about it ....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    We don't have to wait six months. Only a month. Then we will have gridlock for at least two years. Not much of anything is going to happen.
    Don't remind me....uuuuugh but...this is what everyone wanted ( according to the numbers, and numbers don't lie ) YEAH RIGHT!! NOT!!
    Last edited by euphoric1; 12-07-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grub View Post
    Mn is 3 degrees warmer than it was in 1970. Average first frost dates are 15 days later. If the rate of change really is exponential we might only have to live another 15 years to see no lakes freezing safe south of hwy 2. Mn is changing quicker than any other state in the lower 48. Look it up.

1970 was not a baseline for what your "normal" winter weather should be. The 1970s were colder than the long-term average.

The rate of change is not "exponential" and there is nothing unusual about this weather. Winters in the upper midwest have been like this ever since the last glacial period.

Here is a graph from the last time this was discussed, showing the average winter temperature for the entire month of January in Ironwood MI for the last century. As you can see, it has always varied a lot.

It's funny how people panic over a warm December, and have already forgotten that we had our coldest winter on record just 6 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yep typical wait for the cold flip to dominate for snow especially LES. It will happen always does just need to hope it happens while solar angles are low. If comes too late evil sun will take all the snow and turn it to crusty crap. Still plenty of time so I’m good with making ice.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    1970 was not a baseline for what your "normal" winter weather should be. The 1970s were colder than the long-term average.

The rate of change is not "exponential" and there is nothing unusual about this weather. Winters in the upper midwest have been like this ever since the last glacial period.

Here is a graph from the last time this was discussed, showing the average winter temperature for the entire month of January in Ironwood MI for the last century. As you can see, it has always varied a lot.

It's funny how people panic over a warm December, and have already forgotten that we had our coldest winter on record just 6 years ago.
    Taking what you said and let's add the snowfall information graciously provide by Midwest Player in another thread and look at a decades worth of snowfall since 1890.

Capture.jpg

(Boy, we must of had a lot of cars in the 1890's to 1920's based on the low amounts of snowfall.)

John, are there theories as to why the 1970's were cold had lots of snow. It looks like the 1970's and 1980's were the abnormalities to me based on this graph. (FYI, I made the graph from Google spreadsheet. If someone can make a better graph, please do.)

Quote Originally Posted by xsledder View Post
    Taking what you said and let's add the snowfall information graciously provide by Midwest Player in another thread and look at a decades worth of snowfall since 1890.

Capture.jpg

(Boy, we must of had a lot of cars in the 1890's to 1920's based on the low amounts of snowfall.)

John, are there theories as to why the 1970's were cold had lots of snow. It looks like the 1970's and 1980's were the abnormalities to me based on this graph. (FYI, I made the graph from Google spreadsheet. If someone can make a better graph, please do.)
    I would first check my response to MP's question in the post you linked to. Also, the first half of the 1970's was warmer than average for much of the Midwest, while the second half were much, much cooler and snowier. There may be some theories, but nothing that has gained much acceptance. Plus we are only looking at an individual station in your and DamageInc's graphs. One cannot really draw conclusions from one station when talking about trends for a region or, more so, earth.

-John

-John