Default 2021 John Dee Stimulus Project

Mission Statement:
    The mission of the 2021 John Dee Stimulus Project is to generate financial support, through donations, for small businesses in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, who offer goods and services to riders enjoying motorsports in the area.

Targeted Geographic Area:
    Ironwood to Watersmeet to Baraga, North to Copper Harbor. This is the focus area. However, if funds and outreach can extend beyond this area, we will make every attempt to extend the program to support businesses in need throughout the Upper Peninsula.

Applicant Process:
    Businesses must come forward and apply to be considered for this stimulus program. The request does not guarantee the business will be awarded funding, but it is the goal of the project to help as many business as possible. A prerequisite of funding is the business's participation in their local snowmobile club/association. We encourage them to join ASAP, if not already a member, to enjoy additional benefits the snowmobile community can bring. All information regarding the business will remain confidential to the selection committee. We understand the sensitivity of this information and only intend on using it for need evaluation and prioritization of fund allocation.

Applicants should answer the following questions to the best of their ability and email their responses to:
    johndeestimulusfundraiser@gmail.com

Deadline to apply is February 6, 2021.

- Point of Contact - Your name, address, city, state ,zip, phone
    - Business name, address
    - Social Media Contact Information (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
    - Relationship to business.
    - Type of Business.
    - Number of employees.
    - How long in business?
    - How are you going to use a donation?
    - Would you approve of your business being spotlighted on the donation site and our social media platforms?
    - Tell us about your business? What is your business known for? How does your business support the riding community?

CALLING ON THE JOHN DEE COMMUNITY!!!
    We need your help to get the word out to the businesses. Please encourage them to visit the site and submit their application to be considered. We will be seeking all means possible to reach these businesses in need. We also are attempting to reach the businesses who might have recently ended their fight to remain open. We will be contacting snowmobile clubs for assistance in this process as well.
    Any assistance is appreciated!

Check Out The Online Silent Auction:
    https://airauctioneer.com/john-dee-s...roject-auction

2021 John Dee Stimulus Project Support:
    Who - Snowmobilers, 18 years of age or older who feel compelled to pledge a donation of $100 or more.
    When - February 13th, 2021
    What - Snowmobilers are encouraged to ride the trail system in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and patronize the businesses along the trails. All proceeds from charitable donations will go to the financial support of small businesses in the application process. Rider donations will automatically enter you for any drawings to win products or merchandise that may be potentially donated by corporate sponsors from the motorsports industry. Participation in the ride is NOT mandatory to support the cause or receive any potential prizes or giveaways.
    Where - Pat's Motorsports in Greenland, MI - M&M Motorsports in Hancock, MI - Timberline Motorsports in Bergland, MI are Parking/Drop in locations for riders. Riders will head out on rides in all directions and various lengths of their choice from each location. Our goal that day is for enjoyment of the sport and patronizing local businesses who support snowmobiling. All participants must abide by the State of Michigan social distancing guidelines.
    Disclaimer: By donating to the cause, either online or in person on the 13th, you are accepting and acknowledging a liability waiver.

Payment Methods: https://givebutter.com/JDSP2021
    This platform offers a wide variety of methods for this project to accept payments/donations. Check it out!

Superior Snowmobile Club has graciously agreed to be the caretaker of the check donations.
    Please make all donation checks payable Superior Snowmobile Club and note JDSP2021 in the memo line.
    Donations can be mailed to:

Pat's Motorsports​ c/o JDSP2021
    PO Box 228
    Greenland, MI 49929

OR feel free to drop them off at Timberline Sports or M&M Powersports if you're in the area!
    Last edited by Stench; 01-21-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Excellent work to this group who made this happen!

Manitowish Waters, WI and Village of Summit, Wisconsin

Nice Job guys! We need people like you in Washington

Great job to all those who are involved! This can be a win-win for everyone.

Where can we send donations? Been riding that area for over 20 years and would like to support.

Great movement but I have to say I was wondering how long it would take for the first response like "Guzlair". People these business's are the ones that we all rely upon. They are the places where you stay, where you eat, where you have a soda or hot chocolate or whatever else. Most of ours lives had been affected in different degrees but these business's have been crushed. Let's give them something to look forward to with lack of snow and being told they can only have carry-outs IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT put yourself in their shoes. I challenge all of you please please read and understand what this is about. Without these business riding would be different. Guzlair thanks for posting what you did. I will say this "TO THE PERSON NOT COMPANY THAT MAKES THE BIGGEST DONATION CAN GO TO PAT'S MOTORSPORTS AND PICK A FXR HELMET OF YOUR CHOICE FOR FREE YES FREE" LETS AS A GROUP "PAY IT FORWARD"

x2 GREAT idea, where can we send donations if we can't make the ride.

We are working that out as we speak. This whole idea came up pretty fast thanks to "Stench" It will be announced very soon hopefully.

All, if you have a business contact who has been impacted by these string of events, please send this information so they can sign up. Spread this like wildfire, copy and paste over to Facebook maybe? Just get the word out please. It will be real nice if the snowmobile community came out of this as the ones who made a dent in this mess!!

I spoke with Kevin from Snow Tech magazine and he's spreading the word as we speak and Kevin has awesome connections!

What a great start! Great job!

Great job to all involved.

Again thanks to all involved. My $ will be there. Please pray for the right out come with the governor on Friday. Have 2 trips booked this year.

Great job guys!

Hey Chad do you have enough parking for all of us when we come up on that day

Yamaha Snowmobile Division just gave $1,000!

Sweet! Thanks Blue!

Assuming you mean on sleds as the ride is leaving from Pat's in Greenland? Yea we'll find room.

Big thanks to Dan Ravito from the Yamaha Snowmobile Division for stepping up and donating $1,000 dollars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Big thanks to Dan Ravito from the Yamaha Snowmobile Division for stepping up and donating $1,000 dollars!!!
    Very Nice! THANK YOU Dan/Yamaha !!!!

Our club has a fundraiser that day I need to be at so I will miss the ride but will be making a donation to this great cause!

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

I just came across this story on one of the local TV Channels. Thought it timely in posting to this thread. Who says Badgers and Wolverines can't get along....

https://www.wbay.com/2021/01/12/it-w...an-restaurant/

SnowTech Magazine posted our event on their FB page so if you're on FB, how about a share?

Sweet that Yamaha ponied up $1,000 that was very generous. Hoping to have the electronic fund site going any day now.

Great story Gary! Keep the good positive stuff going!

That is a great story! Thanks Gary!

I don't mean to bring down the positive mojo, but this news story from the same media outlet reinforces what we are doing here is vital!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNaD...=snd-autopilot

In a combined effort to help this great cause Timberline, M&M, and Pat's will put their funds together as one for a total of $3,000 dollars. Thank you to Mark from Timberline and Chad at M&M! Our dealerships are a show of unity with all 4 manufacturer's coming together for good.

Johndeer's can't ask for more than that. Three of your best dealer coming together and supporting the small business's. This is such a great thing to support the business's that we rely on during our rides. Question is who is going to be the first and the largest (to win the helmet) once we get the donation point set. Thanks Pat's, M&m, and Timberline great job.

In a combined effort to help this great cause Timberline, M&M, and Pat's will put their funds together as one for a total of $3,000 dollars. Thank you to Mark from Timberline and Chad at M&M! Our dealerships are a show of unity with all 4 manufacturer's coming together for good.
    Awesomeness!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Did you ever consider running for government office Kip?

LOL, I want to keep my dignity Dan!

LOL, I want to keep my dignity Dan!
    Plus he'd have to go to Lansing...yuck!

Big thanks out to: (in no particular order!)

-Kip and Pat's Motorsports
    -Mark at Timberline Sports
    -Chad at M&M Power Sports
    -Yamaha Motor Co

That's $4,000 to start and such an awesome gesture by all. I believe we also have donations from Bikeman Performance and FXR with product donations.

You're welcome! Also a nice jacket donation from KLIM! The ball is rolling so let's keep it up! Bonnevier, got that right! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead! View Post

-Yamaha Motor Co

That's $4,000 to start and such an awesome gesture by all. I believe we also have donations from Bikeman Performance and FXR with product donations.
    Add another $1000 Brian (euphoric1) Grove Outdoor Power

Awesome Brian!

Yeah Brian, Nice!!

At this rate we'll have $10,000 in the kitty before we even accept our first private party donation!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead! View Post

-Yamaha Motor Co

Like I have always said " Its not what we RIDE its that we RIDE " Sled or motorcycle or anything else!!!!!!!

Notice a payment option has been added to the original posting!
    Finally! Time to get this thing rolling! Also included the link here:
    https://givebutter.com/JDSP2021

Great work guys,

Happy to help on this area, we're nothing without all the small businesses that make our area a whole, I'm sure many will feel good about stepping up and helping those in need.

Chad@M&M

Is there a way to make the donations/total public? I feel this will help with momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by snobinge View Post
    Is there a way to make the donations/total public? I feel this will help with momentum.
    I agree. I will either update this thread daily or potentially create a link to that information. I am working through the details of the platform with one of the team members from Givebutter.
    Bottom line, as I type this, it shows $300.00
    $100 of it is my donation to test the system last night. It's super easy and intuitive. Thank you to the two others who donated.
    I ENCOURAGE ALL TO GIVE IT A TRY!!!

And not to lose sight on the thousands of dollars pledged already by generous folks/businesses.... AWESOME!
    Last edited by Stench; 01-14-2021 at 09:27 AM.

Will we be able to make a donation at the dealerships that are listed?

That is the plan, cash or check I think, we're working on who to make the check out to!

None of us are fundraising masters and are literally figuring this out as we go, appreciate every one's patience!

I will say the team that is putting this together, especially Stench, have been putting in some serious hours and sweat to get this off the ground! We also have been blessed with some great corporate sponsor help. Working on putting something together that people can email or post on social media to help spread the word.

Ok now the online donation location is settled who is going to get their pick of choice on a brand new FXR helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stench View Post
    I agree. I will either update this thread daily or potentially create a link to that information. I am working through the details of the platform with one of the team members from Givebutter.
    Bottom line, as I type this, it shows $300.00
    $100 of it is my donation to test the system last night. It's super easy and intuitive. Thank you to the two others who donated.
    I ENCOURAGE ALL TO GIVE IT A TRY!!!

And not to lose sight on the thousands of dollars pledged already by generous folks/businesses.... AWESOME!
    Caught the link on FB tonight...donated my $100 through Givebutter...Super easy as he said.

Thanks snolover55.... really appreciate the support from you and all of the John Dee community. You people are amazing.

22Hours since I put up the Givebutter page..... 18 donors generating $1,970 in donations! Not to mention the multiple pledges of $1000 from generous businesses.

Yes, great job snolover55! Polaris is in for $2,500!!! Thank you Jake **** for making that happen!

HO-LEE-CHIT..... Is it Christmas?!?!?
    I lay down and shut my eyes for 5 hours, only to wake up to:
    1. Falling snow here in MN - Sending the system East!
    2. Kip's message and the great news about Polaris... $2500!
    3. I pull up the Givebutter site and see we increased our total by a third from just one generous JohnDee community member! Full disclosure, he ain't just throwing his money around. He's on our board and donating monster portions of his and his son's time too!

It is awesome to see the generosity and support from this community and beyond. Well done everyone. Well done!

you can see the total donation amount @ https://givebutter.com/JDSP2021 how ever any donations that are dropped at dealers would not be there.

Up to almost $5,000 in private donations, exciting to see this grow and thanks to all that have pitched in!

Time for a new home for this guy. She will be up for auction to support this cause. If anyone has any questions about it fire away! She's been in a climate controlled garage the last 4 years with dry carbs and dry fuel tank. I have a spare track for it as well

IMG_20210116_152239416.jpg

Thanks Slimcakes! That is a generous contribution to this cause! You are a stand-up guy and your willingness to put this sled on the auction block for the John Dee Stimulus Project is truly remarkable. You are making a difference and I can't wait to see this sled hit the roof on the auction. Remarkable and inspirational! Let's keep this thing rolling!

What are you looking to start the auction for the sled at$$$$

Nice work Matt!

Thanks guys. She's got good spark and great compression in both holes so she's a runner. Not bad for 41 years old!!IMG_20210116_172653359.jpgIMG_20210116_172844387.jpg

Thanks Slimcake. She's a beaut. And an incredible contribution.

The online auction should be up and running soon. It will integrate to the givebutter site. We'll post a link here I'm sure.

A lot of very good things happening here thanks to a great group of guys which started as just an idea, and a huge thanks to the John Dee followers, corporate sponsors and all of those who support the project and have turned it from an idea into REALITY! Big thanks to everyone involved!!
    Last edited by euphoric1; 01-18-2021 at 09:04 AM.

The response to this project has been nothing short of amazing! It will be an event to be remembered for sure. Iím hoping someone will collect some video of the various segments/activities of the ride and post it here.

Slim, extremely generous of you to offer up that beauty for auction to raise even more money! Anyone who has poked around in the vintage section knows my feelings about these TX models. If any of you out there are mulling over picking up a quality vintage sled (or picking up another one), this is your chance. These sleds are almost bullet proof. You wonít find a vintage sled that is more reliable or more fun to ride. Just sitting on them you can tell they were designed to race and they will haul the mail!

Keep the great momentum rolling!
    Current donations are at $6,320 on the givebutter.com/JDSP2021 site.
    Another $7000+ in corporate sponsors and business donations.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, get the word out to businesses. We want more to come forward and apply. We can only help the ones who come forward and we'd like to help as many as possible with the funds raised.
    Not to mention spending money along the trail on the 13th. Who's in?!?

Im hoping to be in,depends on work.........What a great thing you people have going! Im pumped!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 800etec View Post
    Im hoping to be in,depends on work.........What a great thing you people have going! Im pumped!!!!!
    Right on 800ETEC.... SE MN? I'm in Northfield. We'll hook up with Slimcake and lets go riding...!
    I put on some miles last night north of the Twin Cities...not amazing snow/trails, but rideable enough to keep sleds cool and hyfax from melting.

Im in Plainview,lets do it! would love to meet you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 800etec View Post
    Im in Plainview,lets do it! would love to meet you guys.
    Check your PM.

Folks
    Who wants their choice of any helmet that Pat's has at their store? Who is going to get? Get a brand new helmet and support a great cause.

Between bidding on auction items and pledges from donors, we've raised over $16K in a WEEK!
    Keep it rocking and rolling! What an amazing community we are all part of!

https://givebutter.com/JDSP2021

https://airauctioneer.com/john-dee-s...t-auction/grid

Phoenix, AZ (Displaced Yooper with family connections in Houghton, Ontonagon & Marquette counties.)

Default Applicants?

Great updating on all the great donations.
    How are the Applications going?
    We don't necessarily need the names, but at least a tally of applicants?

11 at last count. I think I can give you that without getting in trouble. Lots of phone calls, emails, and Facebook to make contact. Lots of hard work with a group of great people.

Whats nice is when one of the places you get ahold of says we're doing OK and then they donate also. A truly great group of businesses up there. Just all doing everything they can to keep things going.

Please everyone if you haven't donated do. It doesn't have to be $100. Every little bit counts. Also if you are on another chat group and we haven't gotten notice that way pass it on, or post it here and those of us that are tech savvy (that would not be me) will get it there.

Thank you to all of you.

UPDATE:
    Between the auction and the donations we are at $21,140 total.
    (14) applications received.

Great work everyone.... Plenty of time to add to both categories!

Cool Ummm, WOW!!!

Hats off to Artic Cat and Ski Doo for stepping up with big donations........Nice!!!!!

Fellow riders we are in the home stretch here let’s all give this another push. We all have done such a great job. Please tell your friends tel anyone we are going to help a lot of business’s and their employee’s. There is still time to place your high bid to get your choice of any helmet Pat’s has in stock. Let’s do this. These business are going to be so excited. Let’s really show them how much we as riders appreciate them.