Default New 650 Polaris?

Puzzling that no one has commented on the new Poo 650 sleds. The 650 has been promoted to by very user friendly. Power, fuel type, and mpg's.

That's what Chad is riding on the big ride. I'm sure he'd have some comments/thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Glenn View Post
    That's what Chad is riding on the big ride. I'm sure he'd have some comments/thoughts.
    Yep! Wife just showed me that! Perfect, as he will give a very good, honest, evaluation! Can't wait.

I bought my wife a 650 Polaris this year. It's an overachiever for sure. Doesn't feel like you're riding a 600 class sled.

Quote Originally Posted by tjmaxx View Post
    I bought my wife a 650 Polaris this year. It's an overachiever for sure. Doesn't feel like you're riding a 600 class sled.
    The 650 XC is the first Poo to interest me in over 20 years. After sending the previous 20+ years on Poo's.

I plan to Snow Check a 650 so looking forward to more comments.

The one guy I spoke to who has one said it feels closer to an 800 than a 600, and that it gets incredible fuel mileage, in the upper teens. If these things prove to be reliable in years to come Polaris may have hit a home run. 

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    The one guy I spoke to who has one said it feels closer to an 800 than a 600, and that it gets incredible fuel mileage, in the upper teens. If these things prove to be reliable in years to come Polaris may have hit a home run.*
    My thoughts exactly indy! Our SDI Doo's never once let us down. 16/18 mpg's depending on fuel grade. Neither has been touched, in 10K+ miles. Many, many long mile trips with confidence no matter how we rode. To me a very good positive move on Poo's part. The Poo 600's I've previously been with got terrible mpg's, no matter how they were rode.

Buddy got a VR-1 riding with him Sunday. Will be riding his to check it out. He is SUPER happy with it. I'll post up after I ride it

I've heard/read nothing but good things about the 650. When Poo Poo puts it in the RMK, it will probably be my next sled.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Loved my vr1 just sold it today 137 cobra track. Will order another in a 22. Can say like the 800 in some areas more but the total package of the 650 vr1 chassis was incredible and smooth. Loved it the most out of all my prior sleds in the twisty trails of Vilas county. Was amazing put 800 miles on it

It appears now with the excellent top performance out of the new 650 Poo engine, it also runs about 15/16 mpg's! That's pretty much a 50 percent improvement over the past 600 CFI. Poo's engine program has definitely stepped it up in the right direction over the past 5 years! Very good on their part!

What do these go for? 15/16 mpgs would be nice for the range.

My wife's isn't out of break in yet but she is getting about 14mpg running hard. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets 15mpg or better out of break in. Sled is an absolute beast for a 600 class motor

So when are they going to sell a 4 Stroke?

How is the oil consumption on these new Polaris sleds compared to the Doo? I rode Polaris for YEARS, but the gas and oil consumption pushed me to Yamaha 4-Stroke. I only lasted two seasons on my Yamaha Nytro XTX (great motor, too heavy to have fun though) and have been on a series of Doo 600/800/850 etech motors and have been very happy! I do wonder from time to time about going back to what I started on, Polaris, but don't know how they match up to the etech.

Quote Originally Posted by longtrack View Post
    So when are they going to sell a 4 Stroke?
    It doesn't appear to be in the plans what so ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ferbm View Post
    How is the oil consumption on these new Polaris sleds compared to the Doo? I rode Polaris for YEARS, but the gas and oil consumption pushed me to Yamaha 4-Stroke. I only lasted two seasons on my Yamaha Nytro XTX (great motor, too heavy to have fun though) and have been on a series of Doo 600/800/850 etech motors and have been very happy! I do wonder from time to time about going back to what I started on, Polaris, but don't know how they match up to the etech.
    The Doo Etech's will use less gas, and oil due to they being DI. Poo's use the CFI, (SDI) injection.

Quote Originally Posted by ferbm View Post
    The new Polaris sleds are getting close on efficiency but doo still wins on gas and oil
    Consumption

Have a 21 850Doo mxzx, 19 850 tnt, and 21 600efi, sold our 16 600 x etec and will snow check a 650 xc. Just want some variety and want to see different brand good and bads. Talked to a number of dealers and all have verified the 650, or for that matter, most Polaris models are 700-900 more then a comparable doo, but it is what it is! Built a umber of both online and verified that. Yes I know Doo r is 600 and XC is 650, but this holds true for 850 and others as well. looking forward to see the Matrix vs Gen 4 differences! 3 kids still like ride and not getting any younger, so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by tsg View Post
    Have a 21 850Doo mxzx, 19 850 tnt, and 21 600efi, sold our 16 600 x etec and will snow check a 650 xc. Just want some variety and want to see different brand good and bads. Talked to a number of dealers and all have verified the 650, or for that matter, most Polaris models are 700-900 more then a comparable doo, but it is what it is! Built a umber of both online and verified that. Yes I know Doo r is 600 and XC is 650, but this holds true for 850 and others as well. looking forward to see the Matrix vs Gen 4 differences! 3 kids still like ride and not getting any younger, so why not.
    Go for it, enjoy! I'm interested in how you like the Poo 650 XC. Are you going with a 129, or a 137? Please give a update on that. Poo 650 should be stronger than than your 600 Etech, such as is the 600R Etech.

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    It appears now with the excellent top performance out of the new 650 Poo engine, it also runs about 15/16 mpg's! That's pretty much a 50 percent improvement over the past 600 CFI. Poo's engine program has definitely stepped it up in the right direction over the past 5 years! Very good on their part!
    Just listened to Chad speak on a portion of his ride. He was asked by his dealer to do a 90 mile ride and report back on MPG and oil usage. His numbers were 16.8 MPG over that 90 miles which was covered in 2 hours 45 minutes. Oil usage, he said the tank was full and he rode until the light came on, 375 miles later.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Glenn View Post
    Just listened to Chad speak on a portion of his ride. He was asked by his dealer to do a 90 mile ride and report back on MPG and oil usage. His numbers were 16.8 MPG over that 90 miles which was covered in 2 hours 45 minutes. Oil usage, he said the tank was full and he rode until the light came on, 375 miles later.
    How much oil would that equate to? His overall ER trip mpg was right at 16?

$12K+ toys that can be used 2 months a year, and worried about gas and oil mpg.......

Quote Originally Posted by srt20 View Post
    $12K+ toys that can be used 2 months a year, and worried about gas and oil mpg.......
    It is not the costs I'm concerned with what so ever. However range, it matters a bunch on long, high mile trips where fuel and oil aren't easily sourced, or available, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    It is not the costs I'm concerned with what so ever. However range, it matters a bunch on long, high mile trips where fuel and oil aren't easily sourced, or available, eh.
    So what did people do in the 90's when sleds got 6-8 mpg and used 2 quarts oil per tank of gas?

What new sleds today cant go 100-130 miles per tank of fuel? I have a hard time believing you cant find gas in 100 miles. Ive never had trouble finding gas. Maybe in northern canada...

MPG will be important at $6.00 per gallon

Yah, if your just fitting the bill for one sled its one thing - But if your running say 4 sleds for the spouse and kids it does add up quickly.

With Joey and Kamela in the White House, gas and oil going up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Yah, if your just fitting the bill for one sled its one thing - But if your running say 4 sleds for the spouse and kids it does add up quickly.

With Joey and Kamela in the White House, gas and oil going up for sure.
    Ok Im not trying to come off as an ***, but come on, now you got enough $$$$ for 4 sleds that are useful for 2 months and your worried about gas and oil??

Maybe cross country skiing is a more affordable family sport...( Idk, i like to burn dead dinosaurs and oxygen)

So what did people do in the 90's when sleds got 6-8 mpg and used 2 quarts oil per tank of gas?

What new sleds today cant go 100-130 miles per tank of fuel? I have a hard time believing you cant find gas in 100 miles. Ive never had trouble finding gas. Maybe in northern canada...
    Yeah, well, in the outback areas of Ontario, the bush, that we like to ride, many of what used to be fuel available stops, have never reopened after the Great Recession. Some stops are only open on certain days, at certain hours, and maybe not. Many trails that closed down due to the Great Recession are still not open, making for longer distances to travel. When out for 7-10 days believe me mpg's and oil consumption makes a huge difference. Low fuel, and no lodging available, is not a good situation to be in. Our sleds have a 230 plus mile fuel range with the gas caddy.