Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vacine Shot

It would be VERY interesting to see the same thing done to the deaths reported due to covid-19. Unfortunately, that data is probably no longer available, as a full autopsy probably needed to be done to determine the exact cause of death.

My guess is the total number we have right now would be 30-40% smaller. Too many with pre-existing conditions were reported as a pure-covid death and not a contributing factor + the other health issues.

lenny Guest

I’m with you brother acccept I think the number is probably up to 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    <br><br>I hope the fact that there is no law on the books to require a US citizen to be vaccinated against anything else (measles, mumps, polio) will set a precedence for this vaccination. Forcing someone to have something done to their body takes us into some very ugly territory. Hopefully most of us would recognize that.&nbsp;<br><br>I will say I got my vaccinations, but am not sure I would have if I was not solidly part of the population that would not likely survive a dance with this covid virus.<br><br>With that thought, just for curiosity and I know it&#39;s a hypothetical question, but for those of you not wanting to get it. If you were part of the population that would not likely survive the covid virus, would you then get the vaccinations?<br><br>-John<br> <br>
    If I were someone with a lot of underlying health issues, the chances of me getting the vaccination would be much greater than they are currently. I may be a bit chubby, but I have zero health issues, I'm not on any medication for anything, no high blood pressure, cholesterol or anything of that nature. There is a lot of good info other JD members are providing in this thread, and I think everyone is doing a great job of respecting the opinions and thoughts of others. On a side note John, how are you doing? What is the latest concerning your procedure?
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

I could not have the catheterization on Tuesday as they had no openings. I will be having that on Monday next week, then come home the same day. If a stent is needed (which there is a very good chance of), then I have to wait 3-4 months for the ablation.

My stress test showed that my ejection fraction (https://www.mayoclinic.org/ejection-...s/faq-20058286) is 18! <10 you do not live for long.

The blockage(s), the ablation, as well as the thickening of my heart muscles are combining to produce that 18 for my EF. Fixing the blockage could improve that significantly. Can't wait!

I hope the fact that there is no law on the books to require a US citizen to be vaccinated against anything else (measles, mumps, polio) will set a precedence for this vaccination. Forcing someone to have something done to their body takes us into some very ugly territory. Hopefully most of us would recognize that. 

I will say I got my vaccinations, but am not sure I would have if I was not solidly part of the population that would not likely survive a dance with this covid virus.

With that thought, just for curiosity and I know it's a hypothetical question, but for those of you not wanting to get it. If you were part of the population that would not likely survive the covid virus, would you then get the vaccinations?

-John

John, good question and valid point. For my part, if I were in a high-risk group I think I would give it serious consideration. Everybody's different, and gotta do what's right for you. I just don't get why so many people feel the need to proudly announce to the world that they got their vaccine (talking FB here, not this forum).

Edited to add that under no circumstances do I think this (or any) vaccine should be mandated by the government.
    Last edited by russholio; 03-25-2021 at 12:08 PM.

If you were part of the population that would not likely survive the covid virus, would you then get the vaccinations?
    I would recommend anyone that is high risk, who has not already had covid19, to seriously consider getting the shot to protect themselves. Reviewing/researching the available shots should be right up there too. Some may be concerned that the mNRA technology/methodology used in some of the shots do not have enough long term (>1 year) research on people; some may be concerned the technology used in other shots were derived from aborted fetal cells. Wikipedia article on the fetal tissue item relative to common vaccines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of...13; Random article specifically about the J&J covid19 vaccine's "use" of retinal cells from a fetus. https://www.chop.edu/centers-program.../fetal-tissues

The vaccine cannot be made mandatory. It is only approved for emergency use and thus is completely voluntary. It has not been granted a Biological License Application which could take a few years. This is federal law. There is just not enough data to establish if these vaccines are truely safe enough for the FDA to issue the license.

My 79 year old Mother got her 2nd shot yesterday. A little headache, nausea, and a sore arm today. She's probably in the 2.6 comorbidity group.....

It's a bummer that this topic becomes such an emotional issue about belief vs. fact. It is a difficult decision for all of us and no one is right or wrong. Facts are our best tool to help with the decision. That tool is difficult to utilize with all the information sorting and mixed in emotional perspective.
    I would love to just walk through this with no vaccination and no implications. My odds are pretty good based on the facts and statistics for my category. Unfortunately, I also have people close to me that don't fit into that category. I often interact and enjoy the company of people that do not fit into the category. I also have to deal with the reality of a yellow card to visit with part of the family. (We are pretty lucky in this country, nobody really thinks about measles, polio, or yellow fever.)
    So, I'm looking for facts from real people. I'm also looking at facts from the research and that isn't easy. I have been involved in related fields over the years and still try to keep in touch with the current situations. This time is tougher with the speed and quantity of information. We have never seen this happen before, and yet it is our future.

I appreciate those that have shared their real experience with the process. I will also be a part of the facts in the near future. It is my reality and my decision.

BTW John, thanks for the update with your situation. We wish you the very best.

I could not have the catheterization on Tuesday as they had no openings. I will be having that on Monday next week, then come home the same day. If a stent is needed (which there is a very good chance of), then I have to wait 3-4 months for the ablation.

My stress test showed that my ejection fraction (https://www.mayoclinic.org/ejection-...s/faq-20058286) is 18! <10 you do not live for long.

The blockage(s), the ablation, as well as the thickening of my heart muscles are combining to produce that 18 for my EF. Fixing the blockage could improve that significantly. Can't wait!
    Positive thoughts my friend. I'm looking forward to riding sleds with you again next season!

As far as if you die of covid or most likely from a pre existing condition I think of it in terms of If you cant swim and someone pushes u into a lake (covid) do u blame the lake or the guy who pushed u in? Just a thought

Last edited by timo; 03-25-2021 at 10:04 PM.

lenny Guest

yup, there has been noise about the same restrictions for flying. We will start seeing lots of these thing roll out in the coming months. Iím proud to say that I literally predicted this to happen 6 months ago. Wait for the carbon tax to come into play. We are in a new era and things are ramping up as expected!

I believe it is Royal Caribbean that has said you need a vaccination card to be allowed on their cruise ships. I'm ok with that, never wanted to go on a cruise anyways. Waaaaaay to many people for this country kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Positive thoughts my friend. I'm looking forward to riding sleds with you again next season!
    Thanks and sounds like a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    My 79 year old Mother got her 2nd shot yesterday. A little headache, nausea, and a sore arm today. She's probably in the 2.6 comorbidity group.....
    She is feeling much better today. Seems to be the normal experience for most.

does anyone find it coincidental that with "some" states easing or removing restrictions and "spring breakers" doing what they do that all of a sudden we have an "up kick" in cases, our local news outlet claims greater than one we had in january, when daily cases were in the thousands, not hundreds as they are now, not quite sure where they are getting their comparison facts from. Let the fear mongering begin once again, but surprise surprise Whitler says she isnt going to pull back on eased restrictions, hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by euphoric1 View Post
    does anyone find it coincidental that with "some" states easing or removing restrictions and "spring breakers" doing what they do that all of a sudden we have an "up kick" in cases, our local news outlet claims greater than one we had in january, when daily cases were in the thousands, not hundreds as they are now, not quite sure where they are getting their comparison facts from. Let the fear mongering begin once again, but surprise surprise Whitler says she isnt going to pull back on eased restrictions, hmmmmm
    Nope.....that's what happens in Michigan every time restrictions begin to ease.
    Last edited by russholio; 03-28-2021 at 07:51 AM.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/new-y...n-passport-app

Well here we go... Show me your papers..... 666 the number of beast... Whens the rapture??? This is very scary stuff here.

Sheboygan,Wi. Retirment home Lakewood, wi.

I spoke with an elderly gentleman the other day. 3 people he knows got the second shot and became very ill. Two ended up hospitalised and one is expected to die. Ages of the 3, 70's to 80.

I can speak by experience had Covid in October and never want it again a good 6 weeks of feeling very bad. Recently had Moderna 1 and my reaction to the shot was absolutely horrible so much pain and cortisone shot in my shoulder with opiates got me thru. Month later Moderna 2 hit me exactly 12 hours after the shot intense chills in bed with every blanket we had my shoulders and every joint in my body was on fire and sore. Saw my doctor no idea what causes this they just know it happens to some people others not so much. My wife went thru everything I did covid and shots and she did much better. Younger yes and again doctors don’t know why some have severe reactions others don’t. Imo go into the Covid disease and vaccines with eyes wide open the medical field hopes you do well but bottom line they just don’t know who will breeze thru , who will not do well and in extreme cases those that will die. The statistics just aren’t known yet and governments have made the decisions to move forward with vaccines this we do know. Now it’s your choice no one can force you to take vaccines in the USA at least going into April 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    I can speak by experience had Covid in October and never want it again a good 6 weeks of feeling very bad. Recently had Moderna 1 and my reaction to the shot was absolutely horrible so much pain and cortisone shot in my shoulder with opiates got me thru. Month later Moderna 2 hit me exactly 12 hours after the shot intense chills in bed with every blanket we had my shoulders and every joint in my body was on fire and sore. Saw my doctor no idea what causes this they just know it happens to some people others not so much. My wife went thru everything I did covid and shots and she did much better. Younger yes and again doctors don’t know why some have severe reactions others don’t. Imo go into the Covid disease and vaccines with eyes wide open the medical field hopes you do well but bottom line they just don’t know who will breeze thru , who will not do well and in extreme cases those that will die. The statistics just aren’t known yet and governments have made the decisions to move forward with vaccines this we do know. Now it’s your choice no one can force you to take vaccines in the USA at least going into April 2021.

See my post above. Now in New York you need to show your "passport" to get into madison square garden and other venues. It is a paper or app on your phone that shows proof you have been "vaccinated" just like I predicted long ago... I used xcr440's line yesterday at sams club. When I was asked why I wasn't wearing a mask I said "I have a condition." I can think for myself. Whitedust I am sorry about your experience. Do you suppose your reaction to the shots were because you already had the disease and had some resistance built up already??

Quote Originally Posted by slimcake View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/new-y...n-passport-app

Well here we go... Show me your papers..... 666 the number of beast... Whens the rapture??? This is very scary stuff here.
    the good news is we are gone before being asked to take the mark. Won't have to make that choice.

[/B]See my post above. Now in New York you need to show your "passport" to get into madison square garden and other venues. It is a paper or app on your phone that shows proof you have been "vaccinated" just like I predicted long ago... I used xcr440's line yesterday at sams club. When I was asked why I wasn't wearing a mask I said "I have a condition." I can think for myself. Whitedust I am sorry about your experience. Do you suppose your reaction to the shots were because you already had the disease and had some resistance built up already??
    Good question. I have watched a video of some doctors claiming the vaccines don't meet the CDC guidelines by definition to be called a vaccine. I haven't verified this so not saying it's true. Whatever the type of injection these are...these doctors claim that most people will be fine after taking the shot, but the next time someone gets sick your body will over react and will be more problematic and the true effects of the injections will appear then. I hope he's wrong for the sake of those who have taken it but they should also be aware of the potential issues going into the next time they contract some type of virus. Basically don't ride it out at home. Seek medical attention right away if they feel bad.

[/B]See my post above. Now in New York you need to show your "passport" to get into madison square garden and other venues. It is a paper or app on your phone that shows proof you have been "vaccinated" just like I predicted long ago... I used xcr440's line yesterday at sams club. When I was asked why I wasn't wearing a mask I said "I have a condition." I can think for myself. Whitedust I am sorry about your experience. Do you suppose your reaction to the shots were because you already had the disease and had some resistance built up already??
    Says in the first sentence "proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test"...or a negative test, doesn't mean you have to take the shot.

[/B]When I was asked why I wasn't wearing a mask I said "I have a condition."
    If anyone ever asks me, I'm going to tell them I suffer from CS.

(common sense)

Quote Originally Posted by latner View Post
    Says in the first sentence "proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test"...or a negative test, doesn't mean you have to take the shot.
    Ok ya I guess now I am ok with it. ... Said no American ever!! I didn't get any tests done. Can't you see what freedoms we have lost here?

I do think my horrible reaction to Moderna was because I do have my own immunities that overreacted to the Moderna. I can take fever and chills but the bone and joint aches were very intense in my case elevated my heart rate to 112 at rest probably because I was trying to resist the pain. Cortisone shot in left shoulder and opiates stopped the pain and I felt much better. Days without sleep didn’t help either. I stopped the opiates as soon as I could don’t want to take them but had to get thru 4-5 days where I could function again. I asked doctor what was going on with me after Moderna 1 and he was honest said no one knows everyone is different. I got exactly same reply when I contracted Covid everyone is different no one knows what the disease will do to each person. Me personally I just want our society to get past the pandemic and back to normal so doing my part to move forward plus I have grand babies I want to protect from infection.

Ok ya I guess now I am ok with it. ... Said no American ever!! I didn't get any tests done. Can't you see what freedoms we have lost here?
    Hey, I'm with ya, no tests or shots for me either. Just sayin if I had to take either one to be in compliance with the regime, I would rather take the test.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post
    I do think my horrible reaction to Moderna was because I do have my own immunities that overreacted to the Moderna. I can take fever and chills but the bone and joint aches were very intense in my case elevated my heart rate to 112 at rest probably because I was trying to resist the pain. Cortisone shot in left shoulder and opiates stopped the pain and I felt much better. Days without sleep didn’t help either. I stopped the opiates as soon as I could don’t want to take them but had to get thru 4-5 days where I could function again. I asked doctor what was going on with me after Moderna 1 and he was honest said no one knows everyone is different. I got exactly same reply when I contracted Covid everyone is different no one knows what the disease will do to each person. Me personally I just want our society to get past the pandemic and back to normal so doing my part to move forward plus I have grand babies I want to protect from infection.
    I'm with you whitedust, lets get this mess behind us, eh! The wife and I both had the Pfizer, with nothing more than a little muscle stiffness the next day after, and only where the shot was given. We have heard some people having some reactions to the second Moderna shot. Hope all gets well with your wife, and you for sure. Hang in there! We are playing it safe and laying low for the 3 weeks following the second shot.

From what I've read, the vaccination, immunity, lasts 3-6 months? Then what?

Quote Originally Posted by latner View Post
    Hey, I'm with ya, no tests or shots for me either. Just sayin if I had to take either one to be in compliance with the regime, I would rather take the test.

I'm gonna givem the middle finger!! The BS needs to stop!!!

Exactly!I can't believe this isn't being discussed more!!

So are the people with the horrible side effects going to get re-vaccinated every 3 months?! Especially the individuals who are already naturally immune since they had the virus? I don't see any logic here???

Quote Originally Posted by dfattack View Post
    Exactly!I can't believe this isn't being discussed more!!

So are the people with the horrible side effects going to get re-vaccinated every 3 months?! Especially the individuals who are already naturally immune since they had the virus? I don't see any logic here???
    They are also saying that the antibodies from covid only last about that long also so who knows what is going to be the answer. As we all agree do what you feel is best for you and your family and be respectful to others and there decisions. As for travel and big events that is up to the businesses and there decisions on how they want to handle them and then if we choose to accept them or not participate!

Perhaps you share from who, and where you read this? I can safely say a whole bunch of us would like to know.

Its kinda like a 6 mth car insurance. After 6 months then what ?

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Perhaps you share from who, and where you read this? I can safely say a whole bunch of us would like to know.
    Multiple sights, here is the one from the CDC. Basically nobody really knows how long it will last. Just another reason I will not get one, to many unknowns.

Screenshot_20210330-061737_Chrome.jpg

They are also saying first shot helps more than they originally thought, got 2nd shot yesterday no issues ,except sore arm which hurts less than the first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcrib View Post
    They are also saying first shot helps more than they originally thought, got 2nd shot yesterday no issues ,except sore arm which hurts less than the first shot.
    Which is good and bad. Good because the first shot does more than originally thought, bad because they didn't know this from the beginning. Again, too many unknowns.

Which is good and bad. Good because the first shot does more than originally thought, bad because they didn't know this from the beginning. Again, too many unknowns.
    Vaccine passports coming soon. All our civil liberties are gone. Dumb a$$ sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by highhertel View Post
    Vaccine passports coming soon. All our civil liberties are gone. Dumb a$$ sheeple.
    Need a vaccination card/passport to fly on a plane but don’t need an ID to vote... where has this countries common sense gone...

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    need a vaccination card/passport to fly on a plane but don’t need an id to vote... Where has this countries common sense gone...
    x1000!

Need a vaccination card/passport to fly on a plane but don’t need an ID to vote... where has this countries common sense gone...
    Quote Originally Posted by highhertel View Post
    I don't understand this needing a vaccine to travel whatever. You can stil get the virus, pass it to others etc. It only keeps you from getting seriously ill.
    How does this make any sense?
    The sheeple don't get this, why in a country of the free, are we/they accepting this?
    Almost to the point of no getting back to normal. May already be too late.
    SO DISGUSTED WITH THIS ALL.
    Last edited by sweeperguy; 03-30-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    I don't understand this needing a vaccine to travel whatever. You can stil get the virus, pass it to others etc. It only keeps you from getting seriously ill.
    The sheeple don't get this, why in a country of the free, are we/they accepting this?
    More disgust is the fact that we can’t go to Canada because of this virus, Canadians can’t come here, but we are letting thousands of illegals across the Mexican border... WHAT?!?

More disgust is the fact that we can’t go to Canada because of this virus, Canadians can’t come here, but we are letting thousands of illegals across the Mexican border... WHAT?!?
    True that! So many facets of our so called leadership are soo blind they can't see the forest through the trees! It is absolutely pathetic. -Mezz

Quote Originally Posted by sweeperguy View Post
    Employers will be mandating the vac pass to keep your job. Dept. of Transportation will require vac pass to renew your drivers license. No entry into public buildings without vac pass. See a pattern developing? Basically a lock down for the non vaccinated. There is a reason why it's being forced upon us, total government control comes to mind.

lenny Guest

2600 reported deaths from the vaccine. 1.73 deaths pr hr!

My 81y/o parents had shot #2 yesterday with no serious issues. Mom says sore at the injection site & my Dad had some mild soreness with a dull headache, they are doing well today. Shot #2 for me in 2 weeks. FYI, according to the Moderna site, good for 1 year. On a separate topic, I had my final visit with my Orthopedic Surgeon today regarding my back surgery of 2 1/2 months ago & was given a green light for no restrictions on activity. Just have to remember a little at a time. On the way! -Mezz

Fabulous news on both accounts!