Default Bergstrom skegs carbides

Anyone ever use these? what is your view of them? I always use woodys but i see they advertise to be the better and longer lasting... is this true?

I'm assuming you mean the triplepoints. Over 4000 miles on mine, and still good. Even though the center point is somewhat worn, the 2 outside points stay sharp. I guess the test for me is I can still turn on bare pavement at gas stations when none of my buddies can. Be sure to use the included ski savers and shims if you get these.

I've got triple points. I like the way they work. Can't say about how long they last I only have had them on for several hundred miles. I can tell you they do allow you to turn on bare asphalt, and a little better on smooth concrete. They work great on trail and ice, much better turning than stock carbides. No issues with darting as advertised. Not sure how they would compare to dually's never ran them.

Bergstrom triple points are made of high quality carbide and are a high quality product. When used with ski savers & shims TPs last a long time BUT so do Woodys when shimmed. Not sure what sled you will be using TPs on single keel or double skeg ski?

have used them since the 90's. TThey are great and wouldn't use anything else.

This was the first year I switched over from the TP's to their 8" Good and Uglies. This in combination with the BiteHarder carbide sharpener I have strong point at year end. Problem with the TP's, cannot use a carbide sharpener as not enough room.

overall do you guys think they last longer than woodys? I went through two sets of carbides (one set of OEM and one set of woodys) in 1775 miles. but this year I never really had great trail/snow conditions... I usually run 6 in carbides

Quote Originally Posted by Snirtdawg View Post
    This was the first year I switched over from the TP's to their 8" Good and Uglies. This in combination with the BiteHarder carbide sharpener I have strong point at year end. Problem with the TP's, cannot use a carbide sharpener as not enough room.
    Snirtdawg; whats your take on the BiteHarder sharpening system????????????

Tripple points on 3 of the 5 in my stable, one of them on a 2000 poo sks that I put on in 2005. 5000 + miles on them still making u turns in the parking lot/ gas pumps. Getting some for the other 2 for nxt season. Your better off getting them in the off season, they are super busy come pre season.

I have a set on my 2003 Yamaha 600 triple and have over 13,000 mile on them!! I will be putting a new set on next season.

average between 5000 and 6000 miles on a set of Bergstrom's triple points. been using them for years.

IMO the Biteharder's are an excellent product. As far as the TP's, that's great to do u turns in the gas station but I would rather have a good V on the center carbide in the icy turns. That is what reverse is for! lol

Always ran shaper bars and this year wore out a new set of shaper bars in 1k miles. Bought triple points w/shims and savers and will never go back. Amazing the difference. No more darting and steering effort is much less even though I went with 8 inch. 1k miles and still look brand new. 2016 poo switchy 800. no studs. Worth every penny!!

Cirrus_Driver Guest

Had them on my last 3 sleds since 2009, 2 Vectors, 1 Apex and a Rush Pro. Significantly improved handling and no-darting. They work as advertised. Only complaint is the difficulty getting the ski bolt holes lined up when reinstalling with the shim pressure under the rubber stop. Had me cussing a few times but got it done.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX007 View Post
    Had them on my last 3 sleds since 2009, 2 Vectors, 1 Apex and a Rush Pro. Significantly improved handling and no-darting. They work as advertised. Only complaint is the difficulty getting the ski bolt holes lined up when reinstalling with the shim pressure under the rubber stop. Had me cussing a few times but got it done.
    After changing skis several times, found that by using a pry bar under ski getting lined up was almost as easy as with no shims.
    1st time was PITA!

That can be a pain. What I did this year was used a C clamp. Got the bolt through one side and then used the clamp to squeeze the ski up. Worked great. That offset part of the spindle that the bolt goes through on my AXYS was a perfect spot to put the clamp on the top side. Easy peezy.

I've run Bergtstrom Triple points (along with the supplied ski savers and shims) on my sled now for about 3,500 miles. They are still in great shape. I like how they handle; great in the corners and very little darting.

anyone use snowtrackers before the triple points? Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hothyfax View Post
    I have used the woodies dully's, then Triple points, then snowtrackers and then tried triple points again on the new Yamaha tuner skis. I put maybe 50 miles on the tuner skis/triple points setup and couldn't wait to get them off and went back to stock yamaha skis with snowtrackers and that's what I'm running on my sleds now. 2011 & 2012 Apex XTX and a 2013 Yamaha Venture GT. For ME AND MY SLEDS this is the only way to go. I would say maybe with other manufactures that tend to plant the skis better than yamaha maybe triple points work fine. Since you asked...that's my opinion. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by hothyfax View Post
    Just the opposite now use STs after TPs. I'm always looking for something better & Aggressive STs much better than TPs on 2012 Apex XTX. For the same price STs eliminate all darting & carve much better than TPs. If choice for Yamaha Stock single keel skis is TPs or STs... STs is the clear winner. TPs are ok better than most but no match for STs on Yamaha sleds.

Anyone using Snowtrackers on Ski-Doo pilot ski's ????? Rode Canadian trip few years back with couple of Yami's. The guy with Apex said only way to go for him. Guy with Nitro said he was going to switch over also when he returned home. How durable are Snowtrackers??????????

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Anyone using Snowtrackers on Ski-Doo pilot ski's ????? Rode Canadian trip few years back with couple of Yami's. The guy with Apex said only way to go for him. Guy with Nitro said he was going to switch over also when he returned home. How durable are Snowtrackers??????????
    Snowtrackers make them for the ski-doo pilot skis. I will be trying them next season since I'm probably going to order the grand touring SE soon. as of now I've only used them on stock Yamaha skis (non-tuner). Snowtrackers are very durable. Once installed on my sleds I've never had a problem or even replaced them. The most miles I've had on a sled before selling was around 5,000. I used the snowtrackers for all 5,000 miles and still had more to go. As long as you follow directions that come with the ST's and don't cross RR Tracks on an angle you are good!

Default carbides-waste of money

Don't know what all the hubub is on this topic. I have the original non-carbide wear rods on my 1989 Ovation and have never had an issue! original hyfax also. Corners like a go-cart

Cirrus_Driver Guest

To whomoever made the comment about their sled "not planting the front end", and talking about Yamaha 4-strokes, either you have some serious setup problems with springs, shocks or limiter straps, or just don't know what it means for a sled to be "planted". All 3 of my Yam's, the one thing they did better than anything was "plant the front end". How the heck could it NOT with all that weight over the ski's? I mean really. Not questioning the intellect, but whatever could you possibly mean. I can't even imagine how a Yamaha couldn't or wouldn't turn (unless maybe over-agressively studded?) - mine literally CARVED with triple points in ALL conditions. The Rush Pro - no comparison to the forward bite I got with the Apex's and Vectors. 2 of my 3 were studded aggresively, the Apex was a long track, and they still turned with 6-8" triple points.

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Less than pristine conditions this year in Vilas so I rode in some thin stuff to break out on FRs in UP. UP was pretty good so I have a mix of thin & good conditions for about 2200 miles before we melted down. I have not had a chance to look at STs to check wear but still carving & no performance fall off was noticed. Abe...I'll take a look and let you know when I get a chance.

To whomoever made the comment about their sled "not planting the front end", and talking about Yamaha 4-strokes, either you have some serious setup problems with springs, shocks or limiter straps, or just don't know what it means for a sled to be "planted". All 3 of my Yam's, the one thing they did better than anything was "plant the front end". How the heck could it NOT with all that weight over the ski's? I mean really. Not questioning the intellect, but whatever could you possibly mean. I can't even imagine how a Yamaha couldn't or wouldn't turn (unless maybe over-agressively studded?) - mine literally CARVED with triple points in ALL conditions. The Rush Pro - no comparison to the forward bite I got with the Apex's and Vectors. 2 of my 3 were studded aggresively, the Apex was a long track, and they still turned with 6-8" triple points.
    That's all about set up & pressure on skis. I know guys that like to wheelie Apex not my thing I like lite steering & planted skis. Apex can have a little inside ski lift with TPs when pushed super hard that I have not seen with STs. Set up is entirely different for STs & TPs and I would not vary much from mfg set up for STs a little but not much. With TPs I needed to adjust transfer to front skis right to the limit as they wore & moved limter strap all over till my buds were tickled with me riding twistys on one ski when I wicked it up.lol With STs I hit it out of the box & tweaked transfer so slightly to minimize slight ski lift and wow super handling came right in.

Got my Bergstrom triple points this week for my new sled. My 3rd pair so far and just love them. Sold my last 2 sleds with one over 4,000 miles and one close to 4,000, and they were still in good shape! The key is to shim the skis.

I just ordered another set yesterday, I ride anytime I get a chance which equates to hard on skegs. I get about 4500 mi. out of them.
    Way better than anything else I have tried. I like the handling and they don't dig two inches into the trail like some
    I also shim the ski. Remove weight from ski in off season.