Default Anyone ordering a 2022?

Thinking about a Sidewinder Gt with the power steering.

Neenah, Wisconsin is about 40 miles south of Green Bay's Lambeau Field.

Love my '21 SW

Mach Z

I was pretty close to snow checking a new XCR, but worried about delivery. I just don't trust that I would get it on time. Going to keep riding my '18 XCR.

VR1 650 137" all black.  

Quote Originally Posted by wisco-mb View Post
    I was pretty close to snow checking a new XCR, but worried about delivery. I just don't trust that I would get it on time. Going to keep riding my '18 XCR.
    Got to have a backup! And that '18 XCR is a fine choice....

Switchback Assault 850.

Switchback Assault 850 also, a mid-life crisis at 60. Keeping either a Viper or old Nytro around just in case of late delivery. First trip scheduled for December 9 and I don't want to be riding the 71 Yami.

First 2-stroke purchase in 20 years. Watch me forget to bring oil.

I really considered an RMK Matryx 155 650, but, my 2020 RMK only has 500 miles on it, and I REALLY need get into a Yamaha Rmax 1000.
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

Have a Lynx Rav'eh! RE ordered (that's how Im going to pronounce it, ha!.) Looking forward to trying something different. Was contemplating going to a Backcountry from my '16 Renegade and the Rav'eh! seems to fit a spot in between.
    Not sure if it means anything but my paperwork shows Oct. delivery, my buddy's Renegade XRS from the same dealer showed Nov.. Coming from the Finland factory might spread the pain and perhaps not see a delay like the "Doo'ers may see?

Quote Originally Posted by xcr440 View Post
    Got to have a backup! And that '18 XCR is a fine choice....
    Hahaa, indeed! I actually drive a '17 XCR when the wife is riding with me. She gets the '18. Happy wife....
    I would like to keep the '17 as a backup though!

Stickin with my 2011s,1998 and 1967 lol

Lynx Boondocker 3900

Quote Originally Posted by harvest1121 View Post
    Thinking about a Sidewinder Gt with the power steering.
    You and Abe got me thinking 4 stroke..Renegade 900 Turbo R..only $500 more than my normal Gade 850.
    I'll decide on the last day 3/31.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by 1fujifilm View Post
    You and Abe got me thinking 4 stroke..Renegade 900 Turbo R..only $500 more than my normal Gade 850.
    I'll decide on the last day 3/31.

Bear
    So on a $1100.00 upgrade (list price) your dealer is only charging you $500.00 that sounds like in the resale world you would be a fool not to go with the 900t, 55% off retail.

2 polaris 650 vr1 129". I have owned nothing but Yamaha previously.

Renegade 850 for me. I ordered early hoping to get it early. No promises were made for a delivery date but my paperwork shows a window of July - September. That's a pretty big window but as long as they hit that target, I'm good.
    First 2 stroke for me in a long time. The last one I bought was in 2002. I spring checked a Viper in 16' and that came in by Labor Day. After riding 4 strokes since 09' I'm also likely to forget to bring oil on my first trip!

Well orderd the Sidewinder GT

Quote Originally Posted by harvest1121 View Post
    Well orderd the Sidewinder GT
    I am glad your sticking with Yamaha so you can tow me in when my poo
    breaks down.

Quote Originally Posted by moviper View Post
    I am glad your sticking with Yamaha so you can tow me in when my poo
    breaks down.
    will carry the extra oil

Anyone care to share a rough snowcheck price for a XC850 137 or a 850 Renegade ? Trying to decide on ordering one or keeping my eye out for a low mile unit

Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    Anyone care to share a rough snowcheck price for a XC850 137 or a 850 Renegade ? Trying to decide on ordering one or keeping my eye out for a low mile unit
    fuji could help out on the 850 Rene price?

Paul at Pat's can give you pricing on a 2022. 1-906-883-3536

Quote Originally Posted by chunk06 View Post
    I was quoted 12950 plus tax for a 650 XCR 136” msrp is basically the same as an 850 Indy XC 137” so Should be in that ballpark

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    fuji could help out on the 850 Rene price?
    I can say there are no Doo sponsored coupons for 2022 as spring orders are double what they for 2021 orders 9 days ago.

P.M. me and I can tell you what a 2022 Gade 850x could be priced at.

Bear

I can say there are no Doo sponsored coupons for 2022 as spring orders are double what they for 2021 orders 9 days ago.

P.M. me and I can tell you what a 2022 Gade 850x could be priced at.

Bear
    P.M. sent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by indy_500 View Post
    I was quoted 12950 plus tax for a 650 XCR 136” msrp is basically the same as an 850 Indy XC 137” so Should be in that ballpark
    That doesn't sound bad, especially with the warranty. Thanks

2022 XC 650 129...time for variety and see if the Polaris Matrix sleds really will stack up to my sons 21 600r and my 21 850x. Hope so, but not sure after hearing some of the Polaris issues of late and having zero problems with various ski doo sleds over the past 12+ years......

Quote Originally Posted by tsg View Post
    2022 XC 650 129...time for variety and see if the Polaris Matrix sleds really will stack up to my sons 21 600r and my 21 850x. Hope so, but not sure after hearing some of the Polaris issues of late and having zero problems with various ski doo sleds over the past 12+ years......
    What are the Polaris issues you've been hearing about? I haven't heard anything and would like to watch for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mspease View Post
    What are the Polaris issues you've been hearing about? I haven't heard anything and would like to watch for them.
    The only issues I'm hearing are mostly jackshaft bearings that should be looked at. Pull the secondary, pick the seal, and grease. Wouldn't hurt to do the driveshaft bearing at the same time, just a little more work getting the cover off and lined back up. 30-40 minute job tops. I'd do it when new, and check every 2k after that. I don't think the grease they put in them new hold up very well. Been like this for a few years now. After greasing my '18 XCR with 240 miles, the grease I put in (Mystic JT6 -20) lasted the full 6k miles I put on it last year. On my '21, the jackshaft bearing was pretty full at new, but failed at 3320 miles.
    Last edited by xcr440; 03-29-2021 at 09:57 AM.

RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 850 with a 146"

Renegade xrs 900 turbo R with smart shocks! Will be first four stroke for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wisco-mb View Post
    Hahaa, indeed! I actually drive a '17 XCR when the wife is riding with me. She gets the '18. Happy wife....
    I would like to keep the '17 as a backup though!
    I just ordered the 22 XCR and convinced the wife to switch from a 13 Renegade to my old 18 XCR!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy600 View Post
    So on a $1100.00 upgrade (list price) your dealer is only charging you $500.00 that sounds like in the resale world you would be a fool not to go with the 900t, 55% off retail.
    When you say it like that yes.
    I reran the numbers and the 850X Gade had a higher percentage of MSRP by 1.1% so I did the 2 stroke.

Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Snirtdawg View Post
    I just ordered the 22 XCR and convinced the wife to switch from a 13 Renegade to my old 18 XCR!
    That's a win/win!! As with any AXYS Rush, just need to dial it into her liking. I rode it the first ride of the season to make certain everything was working as it should. I replicated most of my settings. She got on it and wasn't too happy. We adjusted the settings till she loved it! She really likes her ski pressure for confident turning. I ended up throwing on the Pro S sway bar to get flatter corning for her.

When you say it like that yes.
    I reran the numbers and the 850X Gade had a higher percentage of MSRP by 1.1% so I did the 2 stroke.

Bear
    Ha ha! Sounds as if a "weight issue" to me, eh! I do think that one ride on that 900R T for you, and you would have been bitten for sure! No chance on being able to pick it up when you resale now. Too much for this guy now days anyway. Sure would have made a nice Canadian Cruiser?

Quote Originally Posted by old abe View Post
    Ha ha! Sounds as if a "weight issue" to me, eh! I do think that one ride on that 900R T for you, and you would have been bitten for sure! No chance on being able to pick it up when you resale now. Too much for this guy now days anyway. Sure would have made a nice Canadian Cruiser?
    I finally looked at rhe the Poo, Yammie and A/C websites and here are my initial impressions on 22's..
    -A/C website looks like it was created in 2000 by children, especially when you see Poo's. Looks like they cut their budget drastically.
    -Poo called em Indy last year, now they are Starfire..who thinks of this stuff..those names are played out and nobody is impressed. Still charging for e start, painted rails and tunnels on top models..hilarious. Good sleds, just greedy son of a guns.
    -Yammie, click on crossover and all sleds are Sidewinders..what insight into what people buy..hilarious.

Bear

I am very happy Poo offers some color choices for the hood, tunnel and rails! At least you have more than 1 or 2 colors to chose from and your sled doesn't look like everyone else's. If you can't afford e start, I'm sure all sleds can be pull started, can't they?

I finally looked at rhe the Poo, Yammie and A/C websites and here are my initial impressions on 22's..
    -A/C website looks like it was created in 2000 by children, especially when you see Poo's. Looks like they cut their budget drastically.
    -Poo called em Indy last year, now they are Starfire..who thinks of this stuff..those names are played out and nobody is impressed. Still charging for e start, painted rails and tunnels on top models..hilarious. Good sleds, just greedy son of a guns.
    -Yammie, click on crossover and all sleds are Sidewinders..what insight into what people buy..hilarious.

Bear
    Yeah, well, fuji back in the day, shall we say, "Polaris Starfire" was a branding name for Poo, say 50 years ago! "Starfire" race sleds, and "Starfire" engines, eh!

I am very happy Poo offers some color choices for the hood, tunnel and rails! At least you have more than 1 or 2 colors to chose from and your sled doesn't look like everyone else's. If you can't afford e start, I'm sure all sleds can be pull started, can't they?
    Mark I have to agree with you, it is great that Polaris does offer options. I admit I’m a do guy and hate most of the colors Doo has so stuck with black as other options. But what I laughed about is with all Polaris colors you did opt for the all black, not that I have a problem with that it will look sharp just thought it funny. And on the Doo front you pay extra for pull start to be installed. And pulling over an 850 cold with rope around clutch is a bit*#. So all manufacturers have there issues. Oh ya and yes Doo makes you pay extra for led lights.
    Last edited by goofy600; 03-31-2021 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Add led light comment.

Mark I have to agree with you, it is great that Polaris does offer options. I admit I’m a do guy and hate most of the colors Doo has so stuck with black as other options. But what I laughed about is with all Polaris colors you did opt for the all black, not that I have a problem with that it will look sharp just thought it funny. And on the Doo front you pay extra for pull start to be installed. And pulling over an 850 cold with rope around clutch is a bit*#. So all manufacturers have there issues. Oh ya and yes Doo makes you pay extra for led lights.
    Doo and LED's..completely ridiculous!
    After having them on my Tundra, will never buy another vehicle without them.
    Sleds, hope Doo gets the messages at some point.

Bear

I looked at all of the color options and the one I liked best was all black. I'm just glad we are given so many choices and combinations. I don't get the LED lights with Doo. They have been standard on the Axys etc. since 2015. They make a huge difference.

I looked at all of the color options and the one I liked best was all black. I'm just glad we are given so many choices and combinations. I don't get the LED lights with Doo. They have been standard on the Axys etc. since 2015. They make a huge difference.
    Mark like I said I agree completely, I’m somewhat of a traditionalist Doo’s are yellow Poo red, white, blue, cat green, and Yama? Probably blue/white or red/white. Love the look of the newer Poo with old school paint scheme. I really wish Doo could do similar to Poo and give options, this year Doo finally made the renegade in yellow again first time in long time they have something I like on the sled I like, but have to deal with what they make or move on to something different or pay to have them wrapped which I can’t imagine is cheap either.

I have to agree with Mark black never gets old on snowmobiles. I don’t mind the other colors but when I spend my lean green black seems to win every time. Lol

My Switchback is all black, too. Just like the last sled, and the one before that, and the one before that....

I have never liked bright, flashy, colors on sleds, or chrome on my trucks.

Color choices this year for sleds not he best again. 22 BCXRS all black on the way for me. Heard BRP hit record a spring order number last Monday. About the only vehicle I like black on is a sled, truck too hard to keep clean for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Color choices this year for sleds not he best again. 22 BCXRS all black on the way for me. Heard BRP hit record a spring order number last Monday. About the only vehicle I like black on is a sled, truck too hard to keep clean for me.
    Congrats on the new sled but where did you get the information about a new record, although sled sales may be up over the last couple of years back in the 90's a lot more sleds were sold,probably more in the spring than all year now. I was a Polaris dealer then and did up to 200 in the spring program alone. I hope that the snowmobile business is that good now but highly doubt it.

thanks, my first new spring order, still in shock i guess. i have always bought a year or 2 old. That info came from Timberline sports, also said they had 14 spring orders on tuesday of this week.

I like black too.
    Had many yellows prior and didnt like the exhaust burn of black on yellow.

Bear

I like black too.
    Had many yellows prior and didnt like the exhaust burn of black on yellow.

Bear
    Hmmmmm? Imagine that, you of all people having a "exhaust" issue, eh?

FYI, up to April 3rd we have 26 Yamaha Snowchecks and 47 Polaris Snowchecks. Things are off to a great start and we're not done yet. Congrats to all of you who've ordered new sleds

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    FYI, up to April 3rd we have 26 Yamaha Snowchecks and 47 Polaris Snowchecks. Things are off to a great start and we're not done yet. Congrats to all of you who've ordered new sleds
    Not sure how much you want to share but how is that compared to last year?

Can you say many Yamahas had eps?

No problem sharing at all. Last year we did 26 Yamaha snowchecks and 42 Polaris snowchecks. We're currently on pace to break those numbers. 1/3 of the Yamaha's so far have been ordered with powersteering. If the Sno Scoot was considered a snowcheck model we would be over 30 but it's not.

No problem sharing at all. Last year we did 26 Yamaha snowchecks and 42 Polaris snowchecks. We're currently on pace to break those numbers. 1/3 of the Yamaha's so far have been ordered with powersteering. If the Sno Scoot was considered a snowcheck model we would be over 30 but it's not.
    That's great to hear...especially with all the keyboard experts complaining about Yamaha's 2022's.

I'm sayin, I was really surprised at the number of Winders and Vipers I saw in the northwoods this year.

Yes, we see a lot of them up here. Give people good service and they'll purchase. Service is where it's at and it's becoming more and more non-existent in all sorts of businesses.

Imo buy and get service where you ride. Make service appointments during your stay so you can maximize your time riding in the area. Must support dealers up north or they won’t be there when you need them most.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo buy and get service where you ride. Make service appointments during your stay so you can maximize your time riding in the area. Must support dealers up north or they won’t be there when you need them most.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedust View Post

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

I agree 100%

I ordered one.  Nothing too fancy just renegade x 600r.  I was a little dissapointed that doo wouldn't let me buy the quick adjust upgrade without the 850 engine upgrade. I wanted to order 2 but the wife said she didn't want to scratch up a new one. Lol  First spring order since 2002 for me.  Had to stimulate with the stimulus money somehow I guess.

Congrats on your purchase renegade! You've been more patient than most

Getting close to the end! 28 Yamaha and 56 Polaris! Yamaha is sold out of all LE models so you can no longer get one. Polaris is sold out of Starfire!

Getting close to the end! 28 Yamaha and 56 Polaris! Yamaha is sold out of all LE models so you can no longer get one. Polaris is sold out of Starfire!
    Kip curious question for you how confident are manufacturers on delivery dates right now and how late out are delivery dates now? Just wondering if manufacturers are getting closer to full production or still having issues or contractor issues.

I believe the delivery dates will be very accurate this season hence the cutting of production already. None of the manny's want to underdeliver so I feel very confident that we'll see our product before December. The Yamaha Sno Scoots sold out within the first week. If they can find a way to extend quantities on those I can see them coming in December and maybe even late December. I really don't think the customers that really want those will mind.

Last thing OEMs and dealers want is a terrible overstock condition. We all lived thru that for years and reaped benefit of discount prices for the consumers but not for dealers an OEMs. I read OEMs are discouraging dealer overstocking this year. Who knows if old OEM habits return with normalization of supply lines. Usually more profitable to mass produce but constant production is better in a recovery economy. Time will tell.

So far customers have been awesome about the delivery times. They're really just happy to get the product. I think we need to find some common ground as having no product in stock is not a good thing.

Kip, in my business we have been promised and promised delivery times and times have come and gone without product, do you forsee any issues on delivery dates with the supply chain so screwed up? its not snowmobiles but we are still waiting for product we ordered back in November. Hat's off to you on pre-season!! glad to see people still buying!! hope it continues for you

[QUOTE=euphoric1;507125]Kip, in my business we have been promised and promised delivery times and times have come and gone without product, do you forsee any issues on delivery dates with the supply chain so screwed up? its not snowmobiles but we are still waiting for product we ordered back in November. Hat's off to you on pre-season!! glad to see people still buying!! hope it continues for you[/QUOTE
    The trailer biz is a mess dealers have no idea when they will see new product to sell. Promised delivery dates have come and gone still no product. A nearby trailer dealer usually has a 100 or more trailers on their lot is down to an inventory of 25 units. I do think overall the supply lines will improve but workers have to put food on the table and have taken new jobs so even when raw materials start to flow new employees have to be trained in new jobs. New TVs have been overproduced anticipating tariffs that never materialized so one item that’s available at competitive pricing. Strange times ahead for some products new appliances on back order you buy and wait for delivery. Crazy.... has anyone priced lumber? No end in sight to double and triple pricing for some lumber. I’m not sure what new normal will be like!

You want to see crazy delivery times  2023 on some Trek Bicycles not bike on the floor right now.  They have been good on getting us bikes and parts but could sell a lot more.  90 day turn sometimes is more then a year now.

euphoric I get your frustration for sure! We ordered aluminum trailers in February and started quoting customers prices for the spring only to see the manny call us in March and tell us there will be surcharges! I told them that's not how we conduct business. We should've been locked in and were not! Super frustrating. Snowmobiles are forecasted months in advance so I see success for the most part. As far as dirt product is concerned I've seen pushbacks. What we need is people to have some morals and principles and get back to work. That's just my humble opinion. Too many people taking advantage of our crooked system right now. The economy was never meant to work this way and our forefathers would be turning over in their graves if they were to see all the handouts. From what I'm seeing it's one and out which means one order and that's all you're going to see. No restocking before the next year and that includes boats, trailers, mowers, and heavy stuff. I've had Bobcat compact tractors on order since last September that have yet to arrive! OUCH!

Crazy.... has anyone priced lumber? No end in sight to double and triple pricing for some lumber.

I had planned on building a new house but with the price of lumbar and materials decided to postpone it as I couldn't justify the increased cost.

Go figure on the lumber. Prices are super low on raw products yet prices are through the roof for the finished product. Ridiculous!

Go figure on the lumber. Prices are super low on raw products yet prices are through the roof for the finished product. Ridiculous!
    Through the roof is putting it mildly, same house priced out a year ago is now a little over 6 figures more to build this year.

Quote Originally Posted by trebsdub View Post
    Through the roof is putting it mildly, same house priced out a year ago is now a little over 6 figures more to build this year.
    100,000$ more, on what price point of a home?

Have a customer that's a licensed builder. He started a new home for himself last year with a anticipated total cost to rebuild @ $300,000. He just called and upped his insurance coverage to $470,000 due to the building material cost increase!

I'm a GC with 35 years experience and have built over 600 new homes. I can tell you without question those 6 figure increases being stated are over exaggerated. Example I contracted a new home last March for $252,000.00, this very same house 1 year later (at this moment) is $285,000.00. Everything has gone up somewhat but the lumber package is the real killer.

Quote Originally Posted by snoden700viper View Post
    I'm a GC with 35 years experience and have built over 600 new homes. I can tell you without question those 6 figure increases being stated are over exaggerated. Example I contracted a new home last March for $252,000.00, this very same house 1 year later (at this moment) is $285,000.00. Everything has gone up somewhat but the lumber package is the real killer.
    My builder estimate last year came in at just over $450,000 and I was supposed to build this Spring, when I started talking to him late this winter he told me the price for everything has been going up and that the house would now be over $550,000 that's when i said i would wait and see what happens next year. I've used this same builder to build both of my sons houses and numerus other projects at my current house.

Saw Polaris reported today snowchecks were up 175% over last season (almost 3 times higher). Cat and Yami sold out of some models, and since Doo is the leader in sales I'm sure they did great also.

Seems like there's going to be a lot of low mileage sleds available in a couple years...

My Doo dealer can't keep anything on the floor. All sold before they reach it. He's getting calls constantly for new product and can't get enough, even his rental fleet is mostly gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Seems like there's going to be a lot of low mileage sleds available in a couple years...
    I hope you are right!

My builder estimate last year came in at just over $450,000 and I was supposed to build this Spring, when I started talking to him late this winter he told me the price for everything has been going up and that the house would now be over $550,000 that's when i said i would wait and see what happens next year. I've used this same builder to build both of my sons houses and numerus other projects at my current house.
    I think he is trying to take you for a ride