Hybrid View

Default Come On Menards!

Idk what happened at Menards in Burlington WI but they had a placard outside front door Menards requires mask use. We go to Menards 2-3 times a week and Burlington store has been reasonable regarding mask use. Not today I had a mask below my nose no problem but my wife is done with the mask thing. We both have been vaccinated for 2 months so weíre not spreading Covide. We were moving thru the store from the paint section to outdoor plants and my wife was confronted mid store that she needs to wear a mask. She explained we were headed outside and that employee backed off. We bought fertilizer and I had to climb the shelf to get 6 bags somewhat dangerous no help so I figure help yourself. Lol. This was strenuous so I took my mask off. I was winded but had grass seed , fertilizers all the stuff I needed and my wife was in the outdoor yard looking at flowers and trees. Prices were outrageous so we didnít select anything and headed to the garden center check out. Neither of us had masks on and the outdoor cashier advises us Menards requires masks. We told cashier weíre outside and she backed off. Cashier checked us out and weíre ready to exit then I got the twinge inside me that was telling me to complain. I told the cashier to pass this information to management tell Menards that senior folks have been vaccinated for 2 months or more so we arenít spreading or catching Covid virus and Menards mask policy is outdated and needs to change. Idk if this info got back to management but Iím sick and tired of wearing masks at Menards. Other big box stores in Burlington from food stores to sports stores donít enforce wearing masks anymore. Itís time for Menards to ease up the mask nazi attitude or they wonít be getting anymore of my money ....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I cut up my Menards card when they first required face diapers. I will never go there again. I support our local lumber yards and stores where they do not enforce face diapers on their customers and they end the sale with a hand shake.

Quote Originally Posted by hemi_newman View Post
    I cut up my Menards card when they first required face diapers. I will never go there again. I support our local lumber yards and stores where they do not enforce face diapers on their customers and they end the sale with a hand shake.
    Amen.

John could give 2 ****s what the state or fed has to say he proves that yr after yr decade after decade . He is a case study in a few university classes regarding epa regulation etc

Quote Originally Posted by hemi_newman View Post
    Same for us...only I sent the pieces back to them...and we've been a customer since the mid-90s

During a time when it's just hard to find enough staff to remain open I think its ridiculous that a business would like to protect their remaining staff.

Yeah, screw you Menards I will never be back either. No more You Save Big Money, You Save Big Money When You Shop Menards. And no more 11% off sales. And no more supporting people who are working! None of those employees at Menards are local people anyways, they are all from Uzbekistan and Menards just teaches them how to act and speak American. And the H E double hockey sticks to you too Mr. Menard!! I hate this capitalist country and people like you that took a chance on an idea of a super home improvement store. When local lumber stores close at noon on Saturday and are closed all of Sunday that's the way its supposed to be.

Your mask rulz are just too much for me to handle.

Right now I hate Menards! I will never be back!

..... I'll give you until Saturday to apologize Mr. Menard, because I will need to be back buying stuff from you no later than Sunday.

Im sorry we blatently ignore masks required signs and we no longer go to menards after they refused a sale because we weren't wearing one. Has anyone ever been to Summer Fest? well its on this year but heard this morning they will be requiring masks and social distancing. I ask again...HAS ANYONE EVER BEEN TO SUMMERFEST??? Especially the moronic idiots that are going to require masks and social distancing??? How in the world are you going to make that happen??? and enforce it??? are they really that stupid??? Im guessing state fair will be that way as well? you can count me out of both then! last time at state fair before the big "C" word hit we spent as more time sitting in a place with shade as we did walking elbow to elbow with people in the heat and humidity. Masks and social distancing??? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!! I'm out!! what complete MORONS!! and I cannot wait to see the end result of enforcement when both are essentially big drinking parties. I mean HOW STUPID!!! Are people really that OBLIVIOUS????

I gave up on menards long ago as well. FFS there was an armed security face diaper enforcer at the LaCrosse store.... Done.

senior folks have been vaccinated for 2 months or more so we aren’t spreading or catching Covid

i really hope you are correct

time will tell

i quit going to menards a long time ago

I love Menards and am heading there this weekend. I hate wearing masks though.

Home depot has not once, ever said anything about me going in without a mask, i doubt they will now

Quote Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
    Home depot has not once, ever said anything about me going in without a mask, i doubt they will now
    Me neither.

If I visit Menards and the mask Nazi shows up I’m gone on the spot!

Get over yourselves. You are more than just an ego and 3lb brain with a bundle scared thoughts about losing control

The real issue isn't masks.....it's the fear mentality most are operating under these days. Good decisions can never be made out of fear and I'll deal with issues that are directly in front of me that will help myself and people in my direct circle.

Fear of being forced to wear masks and not having control, fear of getting sick and losing control of your body, fear of losing your job for not enforcing rules and losing control of the fragile life you built. Just a bunch scared people out there thinking they can control everything.

We attempt to exercise power or control over someone or something and at the same time cannot avoid giving that person the very same power or control over us. You guys are all in a giant circle jerk of some sort
    Last edited by Magnumb; 05-17-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnumb View Post
    The real issue isn't masks.....it's the fear mentality most are operating under these days.
    Many SKART people out there yet....