Thread: Tribute to Huck

Default Tribute to Huck

Just looked through the tribute to Huck that John had in his last journal, it was very beautiful, thank you John for allowing us to be part of your experiences, it really shows to me what a good and loving family that you have, you should be very proud, I had a few labs myself and it brought back great memories to me, hope everything goes well with your visit to the mayo clinic

X2! Very well said!

Yes, I enjoyed reading through it. Fun kind of watching your daughter grow up through the pictures too. My kids are in that age group and made me think how fast time goes...

Excellent rendition...made me a tad sad that I never kept nearly that many pics of our furry kids

Very nice tribute. Been a real tear jerker with the last two journals and the tribute. Hope all goes well at the Mayo clinic.

A great tribute! RIP Hucky!
    Lake Effect Snow, my three favorite words.

I had to wait until I was home because as a fury parent I knew I was gonna cry. I feel your pain john. My duece was named duece cause I was number one and he was number two. Me and him against the world! I cried like a school girl when I had to put him down . He was the best. I went out of town and the damn dog found my truck uptown and slept in the bed of it until I got home. Two days he stayed with my truck. God I miss that guy. I can't say I know what you're going through John but dogs are the best. They just need to live as long as us humans do. Man I feel your pain . God be with you! IMG_20180509_140500984_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by slimcake; 05-18-2021 at 04:42 PM.

I remember when my black lab was around she loved to retrieve beer bottle caps of all things, one time I had a friend that was spending the night on the sofa and my dog was sitting next to the sofa staring at him, he needed to get up and go to the bathroom but he thought the dog wasn’t going to let him, well lo and behold there was a bottle cap that was laying on the blanket she had placed there with her mouth for him to retrieve while he was sleeping and was waiting patiently for him to toss it, he finally called out to me to remove the dog, evidently he had been there for a while and thought the dog was guarding over him...haha. Put her down around 30 years ago due to cancer, at this time I still miss her but I always try to remember the funny things she did
    Last edited by snomoman; 05-18-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Huck and all your dogs live the canine dream! What a great place to live. You and your family are the perfect dog owners, and they are so lucky to have you!

Your tribute to Huck was a good read, very touching tribute! Sorry for your loss John!

Thank you for sharing the beautiful tribute John and will be keeping you in my prayers.

Despite my swelling eyes, chronologically excellent. Truly depicts your love of not only Huck, Millie, Burt & Baileys, but your entire family as well as your fellow man. You're a good man. So sorry for your loss, be well. -Mezz